Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Radleys by Matt Haig

Wow, it has been toooo long since I've posted. However, I have been reading -- Surprise!! Many readers are so over the vampire novels, but I'm still checkin' 'em out from the library. There are many that I could not finish; however, I recently came across one that I thoroughly enjoyed. 


I was first attracted to this novel because of the title. I felt sure this would be a spin off of To Kill a Mockingbird and enlighten readers on the mysterious Boo and his family. Although it had nothing to do with Harper's novel per say, it was indeed about a mysterious family with a big, juicy secret. 


Meet the Radleys 

Peter, Helen and their teenage children, Clara and Rowan, live in an English town. They are an everyday family, averagely dysfunctional, averagely content. But as their children have yet to find out, the Radleys have a devastating secret 

From one of Britain’s finest young novelists comes a razor-sharp unpicking of adulthood and family life. In this moving, thrilling and extraordinary portrait of one unusual family, The Radleys asks what we grow into when we grow up, and explores what we gain – and lose – when we deny our appetites - from goodreads


More posts coming sooooonnnnn!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment