Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm Back!

Hey, Hey! I am finally settled in our new apartment in Missouri; moving is hard work but worth it. I have yet to unpack my numerous boxes of books; that is next on my list.

Luckily, I had time to squeeze in two fast reads between packing and moving. I first listened to Horace Walpole's The Castle of Otranto. Walpole's novel is considered to be the first gothic novel, so I felt I needed to read it for the challenge. However, I really don't have much to say about it. There was nothing that wowed me, and the ending was a let down. Perhaps I would have appreciated the novel more if I had read it rather than listened to it.

Do you react to books differently when you listed to them instead of actually reading them?

Secondly, I was finally able to read A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. I LOVED this book! As I read I kept thinking that it was like Twilight for grown-ups! I cannot wait for the second book in the trilogy to go on sale in 2012.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Story,

    I just saw that you've signed up for the readathon. Thanks for joining, and I can't wait to "see" you there!

    ReplyDelete